SERVING FREDERICKSBURG AND ITS SURROUNDING COUNTIES
Brain Injury Services
927 Maple Grove Dr. Suite #107
Fredericksburg, VA 22407
The Brain Injury Services Fredericksburg Community Day Program is a client-directed, community-based program that is designed to meet the unique needs of the survivors living in a mixed, small, urban, and rural area. The purpose of the Community Services program is to provide innovative services and supports to empower survivors.
The goal of the program is two-fold:
- To provide services that support program members’ individual goals in a group setting.
- Provide opportunities for program members to transition to meaningful and productive activities in their community.
The Day Program has four components:
Multiple offsite locations & partnerships with local agencies, such as:
- Food distribution
- Community gardening
- Animal care
- Donation packets
- Library resource management
- Local nature & Wildlife projects
We support the health and well-being of survivors through the following active and restive programs:
- Adaptive yoga
- Guided meditation
- Adaptive exercise classes
- A dedicated onsite meditation/stress reduction space for individual use
Independent Living Skills:
We provide a variety of task learning activities, such as:
- Culinary meal preparation
- Nutrition workshops
- Basic computer skills
- Organizational projects
- Educational workshops
Social & Peer Support:
We enable survivors to work and learn together with their peers through the following:
- Restaurant outings
- Recreational events (Movies, Bowling, Picnics)
- Community open houses
- Educational outings
CSS is an extension of the Fredericksburg Community Services: A Day Program that provides access to existing life skills supports outside of regular group program operations on a limited basis. CSS can provide survivors who are unable to utilize the program with short term goal support on an individual basis.
CSS provides support through life skills development. Such skills can include, but are not limited to:
- Computer Skills
- Time management
- Travel Training
- Other related skills
Community Services Program members must reside in Fredericksburg City or the counties of Stafford, Spotsylvania, King George, Caroline, Fauquier, and Culpeper County.
- Members must be 18 years of age or older with a documented acquired brain injury.
- Members must be able to manage self-care.
- Members must be able to take medication independently.
- Members must be able to participate with minimal supervision.
- Members must be motivated to make progress toward personal and programmatic goals.
- Members must not pose a threat to the health and safety of the clubhouse.
- Members must have completed a consultation with a Case Manager at Brain Injury Services.
The fee to attend the day program is $1/day.
A bill will be mailed to the member/caregiver each month as a reminder for when payments are due. Please send payments to the following address:
Brain Injury Services
Attn: Fredericksburg Day Program Fees 8136 Old Keene Mill Road
Springfield, VA 22152
If a client requests for services or goods to be paid for them by the program, then Financial Eligibility will be determined by the formula provided by the Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services. This form will be updated annually and any portion a client is paying will be adjusted accordingly. If a client declines disclosure of the necessary financial information, then he/she will be expected to pay 100% of the service fee.
If a client is receiving Employment Development Services (EDS), the fee for these services will be billed to DARS, Workers Compensation Insurance or other contracted agency. The rate will be determined by annual contract with the Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS)
For more information contact the Program Manager:
Phone: 540-785-6122 Ext 102