ADAPT Clubhouse is a member program for adults with brain injuries. Members take part in purposeful activities and learn skills to help them lead meaningful and productive lives.
The supportive setting at ADAPT provides members with opportunities for:
- Building life skills
- Developing work skills
- Exploring jobs
- Social activities
ADAPT members carry out tasks that support Clubhouse operations as part of an active work-ordered day. A work-ordered day at ADAPT follows the structure of a regular business day. ADAPT members work with staff and other members in work units focused on communications, community resources, cooking and nutrition, gardening, and maintenance.
ADAPT Clubhouse is located in Alexandria, Virginia, and open to residents of Fairfax, Arlington, Loudoun, or Prince William counties.
- Reside in Fairfax, Arlington, Loudoun, or Prince William County.
- Be 18 years of age or older with a documented acquired brain injury.
- Have legal status in the United States including but not limited to, student visa, work authorization, Green Card, or citizenship.
- Be able to manage self-care.
- Be able to take medication independently.
- Be able to participate with minimal supervision.
- Not pose a threat to the health and safety of the clubhouse.
- Be motivated to make progress toward personal and programmatic goals.