When BIS sees a lack of community support or acceptance, we advocate for change. We request meetings with the Governor and legislators. We turn meetings into action.
BIS advocacy includes:
- Annual bus trip to the Capitol in Richmond for Brain Injury Awareness Day
- Developing client stories to present to legislators and/or the media
- Preparing written testimonies to send to legislators
- Being prepared and available for public speaking opportunities
- Offering ongoing community outreach and brain injury education
- Network with and support others involved in serving survivors of brain injury
- Establish collaborative relationships with other community organizations
Survivors, families, caregivers, friends, professionals, and concerned community members can take a stand with BIS for brain injury survivors in Virginia.