At BIS, Case Management is a process designed to empower individuals impacted by brain injury to explore and pursue their own vision of a fulfilling life.
As part of the process, individuals impacted by brain injury work with a Case Manager. The Case Manager will:
- Assess the needs and strengths of an individual and their family or support system
- Build support teams to assist the individual and their families
- Help individuals develop personalized goals
- Identify and coordinate services to meet an individual’s unique goals and needs
- Work to maximize an individual’s strengths and abilities in order for them to live as independently as possible in their community
- Provide guidance and monitor services in place
Case Management is available for adults, teens, and children with brain injuries. Case Management activities take place at individuals’ homes, Case Manager’s offices, or other community locations, or by phone, or video calls. Case Management services are provided at no cost to individuals or their families.