- This event has passed.
The Journey Conference
October 17 @ 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
The Journey Conference is an annual conference hosted by Brain Injury Services for survivors, family members, and professionals in the brain injury community. At the conference, you’ll attend sessions where local experts in the field of rehabilitation discuss practical strategies survivors can use in real life. Attending Journey is a great way for you to connect with other survivors and be educated on community resources available to you and your family as you work to find your “new normal.”
We are excited to announce that this year ‘s conference will have two separate tracks: Professionals (CEU available for CBIS) and Survivor/Caregivers.
The Journey Conference is the only conference in Northern Virginia that is designed and dedicated to survivors of brain injuries and their families.
REGISTRATION CLOSED OCTOBER 14TH!
THE JOURNEY CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
- 8:30-9:15 AM- Registration and Visit Exhibits
- 9:15 – 9:30 AM — Welcome and Introduction
- Kevin Pearce, a former professional snowboarder, is an inspirational public speaker and co-founder of the LoveYourBrain Foundation. He is an advocate for the prevention of brain injuries and the promotion of a brain-healthy lifestyle.
- 10:30 – 11:00 AM Break, Visit Exhibits, Meet & Greet with Kevin Pearce,
- Good communication is key to a healthy relationship between patients and their health care providers. This session is geared toward helping the patient and family improve their communication with providers and satisfaction with their care.
- 11:00 – 12:00 PM Professionals: Diagnosing Concussion/TBIIn spite of the increased news coverage concerning military and sports-related neurotrauma, often the diagnosis of concussion/traumatic brain injury is overlooked by community health practitioners in civilian populations. While overdiagnosis of any medical condition results in the misapplication of treatment resources as in using antibiotics for viral illnesses, under-diagnosis or failure to diagnose has equally significant consequences for individuals with “occult” TBIs who are discharged without adequate knowledge, resources or follow-up provisions.
- 12:00 – 1:00 PM Lunch
- Nicole Bingaman became acquainted with the term TBI in 2012 when her adult son suffered a catastrophic traumatic brain injury. In time, Nicole shared her response to what was happening on Facebook. As a result of her vulnerability in writing, an agent approached her. In 2015, Nicole’s book, Falling Away from You, was published.
- 2:00 – 2:30 PM Break and Visit Exhibits
- The Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP®) is a personalized wellness and recovery system born out of and rooted in the principle of self-determination.
- This session is geared toward helping the professional best meet the needs of their clients through effective communication. We will look at the communication challenges providers face when working with survivors, and practice communication scenarios to enhance skills.
2019 JOURNEY EXHIBITORS
- AXA Advisors-Tyler Roth
- Capital Music Therapy Services
- CarePatrol of Northern Virginia Senior Placement Services
- The Choice Group
- Driver Rehab Center
- ElderTree Care Management Services
- Electromedical Products Int’l
- Florida Institute for Neurologic Rehabilitation
- Inova Mouth Vernon Hospital
- INOVA Trauma Support Network
- LightenUp Organizers- Yvette Gluck
- Maxim Healthcare Services
- NeuroSound Music Therapy
- Tree of Life Services
- Virginia Hospital Center Philips Lifeline
Add Sponsorship page: MARKET YOURSELF AT JOURNEY
Sponsoring or exhibiting at the Journey Conference is a great way for you to showcase your technology, products, and services to 200 survivors of brain injuries, their families, and the professionals who work with them. Sponsorship creates a cost-effective marketing venue for your organization and you will have a unique opportunity to connect with this community. Your sponsorship will allow us to continue to offer this conference at a very low cost to participants and will contribute to scholarships for those who are eligible.
The Journey Conference is the ONLY conference in Northern Virginia that is designed for and dedicated to survivors of brain injuries and their families.
|Lunch Sponsor||Keynote Speaker Sponsor|
|2 minutes to address full group before lunch||2 minutes to address full group before or after keynote speaker|
|Signage in Ballroom||Signage in Ballroom|
|Full page Ad in conference program book||Full page Ad in conference program book|
|Company name and link on conference website||Company name and link on conference website|
|Company name and url in BIS E-newsletter||Company name and url in BIS E-newsletter|
|Special acknowledgement in at least 5 conference emails||Special acknowledgement in at least 5 conference emails|
|Conference registration for two||Conference registration for two|
|Exhibit table||Exhibit table|
|Bag inserts||Bag inserts|
|Premier Sponsor||Partner Sponsor||Friend Sponsor|
|Signage in General Ballroom|
|Conference registration for two||Conference registration for one|
|Full page age in conference program book||1/2 page age in conference program book||1/2 page age in conference program book|
|Company name and link on conference website||Company name and link on conference website||Company name and link on conference website|
|Company name and URL in Brain Injury Services’ E-newsletter||Company name and URL in Brain Injury Services’ E-newsletter||Company name and URL in Brain Injury Services’ E-newsletter|
|Special acknowledgement in at least three conference e-mails||Special acknowledgement in at least three conference e-mails||Special acknowledgement in at least three conference e-mails|
|Bag Inserts||Bag Inserts||Bag Inserts|
|Exhibit Table||Exhibit Table||Exhibit Table|
|For-Profit Company||Non-Profit Organization||Conference Bag Inserts|
|Exhibit Space||Listing in conference program||Company literature distributed to all attendees|
|Listing in conference program||Listing in conference program|
CONFERENCE PROGRAM BOOK ADS
|Full Page Ad||1/2 Page Ad||Business Card Size Ad|
|7.5″ x 10″||7.5″ x 4.75″||3.5″ x 2″|
Ad Specifications: Electronic files preferred. Black and white high-resolution (300 dpi) JPEG format. Please e-mail all artwork to Aleena Gardezi (firstname.lastname@example.org). Program book ad artwork due 9/16/19; artwork received after the deadline is not guaranteed placement.
CONFERENCE BAG INSERT
Opportunity to provide 200 copies of your company literature (flyers, brochures, samples, etc.) that will be distributed to all attendees.
CUSTOMIZED SPONSORSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE!
Please contact Aleena Gardezi at (703) 451-8881 ext. 238 email@example.com more information.