The winners from the 2nd annual BIS Duck Race are in…
The Big Duck Winner – Ms. Sylvia Lacy-Crow #27
Veteran Duck Winner – Ms. Kim Waldron #49
In Honor of Duck Winner – Mr. David Bulova #42
Military Duck Winner – Mr. Owen Gotimer #13
Neon Duck Winner – Ms. Lisa Haas #191
Thank you to everyone who participated in and sponsored ducks for our second annual Duck Race! Because of your generosity, we were able to raise nearly $8,000 to help raise awareness of brain injuries in Northern Virginia!
November 8, 2021
Lake Accotink Park
7500 Accotink Park Road
Springfield, Virginia 22150
Ohhh nooo!!! What’s that in the water? It’s an invasion of little rubber ducks! The second annual Brain Injury Services Rubber Duck Race is set for November 8. Join us in raising awareness of brain injuries in Northern Virginia.
Sponsor a duck today before they fly away.
How Do I Participate?
- Show your patriotism and honor a veteran with a military duck!
- By sponsoring a military duck you will help our veteran’s programs and services that serve local veterans who have a traumatic brain injury
- If you know someone who has a traumatic brain injury from a fall, accident or suffered a stroke, you need to sponsor a yellow duck!
- By sponsoring a yellow duck, you will be showing support for thousands of Northern Virginians living with a disability as a result of a traumatic brain injury or stroke.
- Ducks also may be sponsored in memory of family members and friends.
- Sponsor a neon duckling and you will show support for our pediatrics program and honor hundreds of kids in Northern Virginia who have a traumatic brain injury related to a sports injury, accident or abuse.
Support Brain Injury Services
Brain Injury Service’s is a Northern Virginia nonprofit with the mission is to empower those impacted by a brain injury. We touch the lives of more than 1,000 adults, children and their caregivers through community supports, person-centered case management, counseling, support groups and much, much more!
DID YOU KNOW…
- Nearly 300,000 Virginians are disabled as a result of brain injury and stroke. (BIAV)
- Every 9 seconds, someone suffers a brain injury in the U.S. (BIAA)
- Almost half a million kids are treated in an emergency department each year for a traumatic brain injury, including concussions. (CDC)
In Memory of- Duck$50.00 Add to cart
In Honor of- Duck$50.00 Add to cart
Set of 5 Ducklings$20.00 Add to cart
1 Duckling$5.00 Add to cart
Set of 3 Big (10 inch) Ducks$250.00 Add to cart
Set of Armed Forces Ducks$50.00 Add to cart
1 Armed Forces Duck$20.00 Add to cart
Set of 3 veteran ducks$50.00 Add to cart
1 Veteran Duck$20.00 Add to cart
1 Big (10 inch) Duck$100.00 Add to cart
*Ducks sponsored by Sunday, November 7 at midnight will race on Monday morning. Those sponsored after Sunday at midnight will race in spirit.
BIS Duck Race Sponsorships are available! Sponsorships include “The Big Duck”, In Honor or In Memory of Ducks and more. For more information or sponsorship opportunities, please contact Andrew Wilinski at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (703) 451-8881, ext. 238.