No two people are alike. And, since the brain defines each of us, controls how we think, move, act and feel, no two brain injuries are alike. To assume that every Brain Injury Services’ client fits a pre-determined pattern of needs, wants and goals is to undermine the success of intervention before it begins, and risk a tremendous waste of resources with little to show for the effort. That’s why Brain Injury Services designs a plan based on the needs and goals of the individual. Our person-centered service plan helps the individual and his/her family make informed choices, establish goals and design those steps that will optimize the productive capacity of the individual.
The process of giving control back to the individual and his/her family and allowing them to determine their needs and priorities increases self-sufficiency and self-esteem, improving the chances of independence and success.
Our Core Values
- Respect – We respect the individuals we serve, ourselves and our community, believing that people have a right to control their own lives and make their own choices.
- Partnerships – We believe in bringing together diverse resources in order to maximize the opportunities available to individuals and the community.
- Integrity – We are committed to being honest, accountable and professional in our relationships and communications.
- Catalyst – We strive to create innovative solutions to the challenges faced by those affected by brain injury.
- Cost-Effective – We aim to provide the most effective services at the least cost to the client and the community.