The Brain Injury Services Fredericksburg Community Services Program is a client-directed, community-based program that is designed to meet the unique needs of the survivors living in a diverse and largely rural area. The purpose of the Community Services program is to provide innovative services and supports that can increase the success of individuals with a brain injury by accessing programs such as, volunteering opportunities, health/wellness activities, community events, workshops, and other integrated activities in their communities. The Fredericksburg Community Services Program provides group activities 3 days per week (Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday) that offer members the opportunity to practice and develop important life skills, social skills and vocational skills in a supportive environment. The goal of the program is to provide services so that members can achieve their individual goals and, when possible, to transition to meaningful productive activities in their community. In addition, this program has a staff member who is available to work with members on an individual basis, 2 days per week (Tuesday and Friday) in their community with the purpose of providing the additional support needed for them to achieve their goals.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 9 am-3 pm
Community Services Program members must reside in Fredericksburg or the counties of Stafford, Spotsylvania, King George, Caroline, Fauquier, Culpeper County and Culpeper City.
- Members must be 18 years or older with a documented acquired brain injury.
- Members must be able to manage self-care.
- Members must be able to take medication independently.
- Members must be able to participate with minimal structure and supervision.
- Members must be motivated to make progress toward personal and programmatic goals.
- Members must not pose a threat to the health and/or safety of self or others in the program.
- Members must be receiving case management services from BIS (or on wait list).
Program fees are assessed on a sliding scale and are based on adjusted gross household income.
For more information contact the Program Manager Zachary Daniel at 540-785-8836 or email email@example.com.