Comprehensive Child and Adolescent Case Management
Our Child and Adolescent program is family-centered. Our comprehensive case management services support families, schools and community agencies in providing the best opportunity for appropriate development for the child or adolescent with a brain injury.
How can we help?
Our goal is to support our clients and their families on the journey through life with a brain injury. Case Management Services can help in many ways, here are just a few:
- Medical services and rehabilitation
- Emotional supports
- Strategies for managing life
- Transition to adulthood
- Benefit programs
These, and all the services provided through our Pediatric Case Management Program, are tailored to meet the individual needs of each client and his or her family.
In addition to our core Pediatric Case Management Services we offer additional unique programs to both educate and support family members.
- Parents Night Out: A fun respite event.
- Trauma Survivors Network with co-occurring children’s activity group: Support group for families who have a child with a brain injury.
- Bi-Annual Conference on Brain Injury in Children and Adolescents
- Annual family picnic
The Pediatric Program serves children and adolescents who have survived an acquired brain injury. The child/adolescent must have legal status in the United States.
- Individual must have documented evidence of an acquired, non-degenerative brain injury which occurred after birth
- Individual must be less than 18 years of age or still in high school
- Individual must reside in Northern Virginia, including City of Alexandria, Arlington, Caroline, Fairfax, City of Fredericksburg, King George, Loudoun, and Prince William, Spotsylvania, and Stafford Counties.
Case Management services are provided at no cost to the family.
Anyone can make a referral to the Pediatric Case Management Program. However, the individual with a brain injury and his/her family must agree to be a part of the program.
How to Refer or Apply
Please call 703-451-8881 and ask to speak with a Case Manager in the Pediatric Program.
Individuals residing in Fredericksburg and the surrounding counties please call 540-785-6122 x105.