A Day of Learning and Growth
The Journey Conference, hosted by Brain Injury Services on Friday, October 28th, is an annual conference for survivors, family members, and professionals in the brain injury community. At the conference, you'll attend sessions where local experts in the field of rehabilitation discuss practical strategies survivors can use in real life. Attending Journey is a great way for you to connect with other survivors and be educated on community resources available to you and your family as you work to find your “new normal.”
Journey is the ONLY conference in Northern Virginia that is designed and dedicated to survivors of brain injuries and their families.
- Date: Friday, October 28th 2016
- Location: Sentara Northern Virginia Hospital, 2300 Opitz Blvd, Woodbridge, VA 22191
- Room: The Hylton Education Center - Park in the back of the hospital (View Map).
- Breakfast will NOT be provided. Lunch will be provided!
Journey Conference Agenda:
- 8:45-9:30 Registration and Visit Exhibits
- 9:30-9:45 Welcome and Introduction
- 9:45-10:45 Six Steps to Boost Your Memory and Rebuild Your Brain (Speaker Majid Fatuhi, MD, PhD)
- 10:45-11:15 Break and Visit Exhibits
- 11:15-12:00 Breakout Sessions
- For Survivors~ Benefits of Fitness (Speaker Nancy Selden)
- For Caregivers~ Caregiver Power (Speaker Alec Lebedun, PhD)
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch
- 1:00-2:00 Alternative Treatments Panel Discussion: CranioSacral (Mary Histing, LMT), Hyperbaric (Samuel Shor, MD, FACP), Neurofeedback (Mary Lee Esty, LCSW-C, Ph.D.)
- 2:00-2:15 Break and Visit Exhibits
- 2:15-3:00 Breakout Sessions
- For Survivors~ Recreate Your Lifestyle (Speaker Nicholas A. Englund, CTRS)
- For Caregivers~ Long Term Planning (Speakers Elizabeth Gray PLLC and Buckley Fricker, JD, CMC)
- 3:00 Conference Ends